Friday, June 10, 2011

Transition into domestic goddess: complete

Last night I came to the realisation that I have transitioned quite smoothly into a domestic goddess, not even 3 months after getting married.

The evidence as follows (which all took place in a period of 3 effortless hours):

  • Prepared a lemon meringue pie - perfect in every way (ok ok, I cremated the meringue and had to peel it off and make a new one). 
  • Mended my husband's tracksuit pants - nice big hole in the crotch (sweet note left on my bed left by husband, with careful instructions "Naai me" (translation for the non-Afrikaans speakers - "naai" means to sew... but it also means something along the lines of "give me a good rogering"))
  • Stayed home, whilst husband out for drinks with the boys
  • Completed the thank you cards (finally) for the wedding gifts

Who would have thought that I would have so easily slipped into such domestic action so effortlessly - on a day I had actually taken off sick!

But I have to say that I did get numerous cups of tea, porridge and rubbings on back (no wait, maybe that was actually a pat on the back?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment