Monday, May 16, 2011

Ugly but useful

Last year I knitted my very first jersey. In a colour wool I would never choose in a line up, and in a style that I would never pick from a shelf (talked into it by the lovely old lady at the knitting shop who gave me some tips on how to get started with my first project).

It's been in my cupboard for a year. I didn't have the heart to throw it out, but I seriously doubted I would ever use it. However, it seems to have found its purpose after all... this thing has got to be the cosiest warmest thing I have ever owned.

Not sure its ready for public viewings however.

For the record, my second project (also a jersey) is nearing completion. Although this has been underway as long as the other has been in the cupboard. Fortunately it is only 21 rows from completion, so I recon only about 3-4 months, just in time for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment